Aug 8, 2009

AJ Mclean Talks About The Return Of The Backstreet Boys And The River Of Life Members At 30

Posted: Mar 5 2009, 07:11 PM

RIO - Much water rolled to Melos Backstreet Boys since last came to Rio in 2001, when a hysterical fans received Maracanã of the group. The boy bands have entered into crisis, and the "boys" who came to stay five years without launching a CD, forget the recipe of hits. Now serious men at around 30 years or almost, they return to the country this week, a more modest tour than the previous, but expecting the same frenzied reception of Brazilians.

(After success in the 90s, boy bands earn new faces)

- We got stuck in the hotel when we were there (in 2000 and 2001). Neither went to the street to avoid someone getting hurt. I think we have the same reception. At least, I hope so - says "boy" AJ Mclean, which recognizes the lack of success in the last two discs. - Do not hit the nail on the head, but the next album is incredible. To leave in July this year.

In Rio, the band appears Saturday (07-03), at Citibank Hall (tickets R $ 180 a whole), and sing the perfume that reigned in parades in the 90s, as "I want it that way" and "The long as you love me ", and tracks of the CDs released after such a hiatus of four years. "Never Gone" in 2005, and "Unbreakable" in 2007, had passed well below the previous, but brought the boys alive and breathing.

- We went through so much ... Death in the family, loss of a member (Kevin Richardson, who requested low in 2006), my problems with alcohol, in court proceedings ... We are still together making music. The title of the last album could only be that (inquebráveis) - AJ explains.

The Backstreet arose in the 90s, the track opened by the boy bands New Kids On The Block. When formed the band, Brian Littrell, Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Kevin and AJ were 14 to 21 years. Sold millions of records to resolve to a time in 2002. The rest came in handy for AJ, who was renowned for pinguço and used this range to be careful. He spent months in a rehabilitation clinic and, since then, Interleaved periods of sobriety with slide. Today, it says another man.

I drank a lot and did some drugs. It was a depressive, and I felt just fine with alcohol. But stopped ... You may not be playing live at parties. It ends with the person - the bubble musician 31 years, what joy of the gossip sites to be seen "drunk" this year. - It was the anniversary of Nick. But I think botaram something in my drink, I only had two drinks and I was drunk.

When the BSB reappeared after his "break" with the album "Never Gone," the other "boys" had also taken course in life. Today to 33 years, Littrell is married, has a son and came to launch a solo album of Christian music, Dorough, 35, was married in 2007 and is "pregnant" from his first son, and youngest son Carter, 29, that in the past had also renowned for biriteiro recently was ambassador of an entity to protect dolphins.

- No more 16 years. I just want peace and find the right girl to start a family - ensures AJ - I was never a rebel. Anyone who knows me knows that, in fact, am a big teddy bear.

The singer-dancers (or singers-dancers?) They have much love to give showbizz. Without calling the critics who did not like them in the 90s and now, are always saying that the group should never have returned.

- Sorry, but there will be space for music of quality - think AJ

Source: http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/rioshow/%20mat/2009/03/03/aj-maclean-fala-sobre-vol%20ta-dos-backstreet-boys-ao-rio-da-vida-do%20s-integrantes-aos-30-754665780.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment